Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Reality


This week has been foggy and misty. It has been rainy and grey. (Note: The weather has been pretty horrid too)

I miss the lanky arms of M11 wrapping around me whenever i walk in.
I miss the toothy grin and puppy dog eyes of M9.
I miss "miloooo" and stories with the tiny-big M.


I miss popping in for cuppas and chats. Staying for dinner and impromptu sleepovers.
The feeling of g2g's big mitt giving me a pat on the shoulder.
The knowing looks and understanding words that only come from a big sister.

Amongst all this missing, this inside-out feeling, this blinking-back-tears-in-front-of-the-indian-man-at the-video-store thing, I have a reminder pinned to my noticeboard;


'I'm hurt and in pain. Give me space for healing, and mountain air' (Psalm 69:29) 

Bring on that mountain air.

No comments:

Post a Comment